“If we had bought an HFC franchise, we’d have been building on a firm foundation with a much greater chance at success instead of taking a chance on our own.”
This regret is from a disenchanted entrepreneur who, along with a business partner, started an online tech business from scratch and discovered that business ownership is not always a kind master.
- The pitfalls are many
- What you don’t know can (and will) hurt you
- Everything costs more than expected
Unaware of the wonderful world of franchising, they dreamed the dream of being your own boss and determining your career destiny and took a leap of faith, starting a new business. With a great product, a business plan and investors, they expected success and confidently applied themselves to the business of building a business. Months grew into years as long hours, unpleasant surprises and a floundering economy took an exacting toll and, eventually, the business failed. It was devastating both personally and financially.
If you had it to do over again
If franchising is not even on your radar, of course you would look at starting a business from scratch. But learning about the support and security of owning a franchise business after having experienced a failed business, made franchising an even more attractive opportunity. “It would have cost us so much less to buy a franchise business and, working it together, we would have been awesome.” –Disenchanted Entrepreneur
Franchising is not a step-child or second-tier business. You truly own your franchise business and the benefits of franchising make it a very viable option for success. If you choose wisely, you are buying into a proven and successful system of independent business owners whose combined efforts multiply the overall effectiveness of the franchise brand. The franchisor is the strength behind the brand, providing structure to ensure that every franchise owner has everything they need to be successful.
Here are some of the reasons people bought a franchise within the Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) family of brands instead of pursuing another job or starting a new business:
- To effect change in her family and in her community.
- Matched all their short-term and long-term goals.
- Want to work hard for own company, not for someone else.
- Tired taking orders from someone else.
- Want out of the corporate world; can no longer do the “rat race.”
- Loves the idea of in-home selling, likes going into someone’s space and solving problems.
- Likes the HFC concept of teamwork; work for self but have support of an established brand.
- Watched parents through layoffs, demotions and mom losing jobs over the years.
Does anything spark your interest–more control of your work life, creating a legacy family-owned business, being your own boss or getting paid what you’re worth? Maybe franchising is the answer.
Start the New Year with the HFC family of brands
HFC is the parent company to three thriving home improvement/home services franchise brands that cater to customers within their homes or business locations. If one of your New Year’s Resolutions is to find a better job or change direction in your career, take a look at what a franchise business opportunity with HFC has to offer and then check out the brands.
- Proven business models; franchising since 1994
- Low initial fees (with discounts for veterans)
- Home-based business, low overhead
- Flat royalty and marketing fees so you keep more of what you earn
- In-depth training and ongoing support from dedicated support teams
- Vendor alliance programs ensure high-quality products, surpassing the competition in pricing and versatility
- Strong national brands with good reputations
- Robust National Advertising Funds and comprehensive local area marketing tools
- Extensive social media reach, including TV, radio and print
Budget Blinds® – custom window coverings, including blinds, shutters, shades and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, residential and commercial. It’s the #1 window coverings franchise in North America with over 1,040 franchises in the U.S., Canada and Monterrey, Mexico.
Tailored Living® featuring PremierGarage® –200 franchised territories make TL the largest home organization franchise in the U.S. and Canada. Independent franchise business owners keep busy installing custom storage solutions for closets, home offices, pantries, laundry rooms, garages and more for both residential and commercial customers.
Concrete Craft® – HFC’s newest brand provides custom concrete overlays, including stained, stamped and resurfaced concrete for indoor and outdoor floors and hardscapes. Walkways, driveways, pool decks, patios, entryways and even vertical surfaces are changed from ordinary to extraordinary. Beautify homes and businesses and put a smile on every customer’s face.
If owning your own business is something you’ve always wanted to do, don’t spend 2017 in regrets over either not starting a business, or for starting and failing at a new business. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts or call 1-800-420-5374 today and see if the strong, supportive infrastructure of franchising with Budget Blinds, Tailored Living or Concrete Craft is the proper fit for your career success in the New Year.
If you’re a veteran, click here for how the HFC family of brands assists veterans with becoming independent franchise business owners by offering substantial discounts to purchase a franchise.