Anytime the word “fees” pops up, we all go on Red Alert! We are so used to hidden fees, fees listed in the small print, additional fees, late fees, termination fees, processing fees and nonsensical fees.
Like it or not, fees are a big part of doing business. The problem arises when the fees are undisclosed, unreasonable or nonsensical, meaning they are for nothing. (Thank your cable company for that one!) In the world of franchising, as an independent franchise business owner, you need to be fully aware of all fees and how they impact your business. Thankfully, the required Franchise Disclosure Document for any franchise opportunity you are considering has to spell out all fees so you understand the implications.
Home Franchise Concepts offers flat fees
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is home to three thriving franchise brands in the multi-billion dollar home improvement industry: Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® and Concrete Craft®. In each case, the business model features flat royalty and marketing fees so you ultimately get to keep more of what you earn. In other words, as your gross sales increase, your monthly fees do not increase accordingly. There’s no limit to how much you can make!
There are two very common franchise royalty fee structures that tie payments to your sales figures:
- A fixed percentage of gross sales. This means that the more a franchisee makes, the more they have to pay to the franchisor instead of seeing that money go into their own pocket. Typical ranges for percentage fees are five to nine percent, and do not take into consideration the costs of business; fees are levied on gross sales, not net.
- Increasing or decreasing percentage of sales. Here you have royalty fees changing every month or quarter, based on your level of sales. Sell a lot, it moves; sell a little, it moves. You may not be able to get a handle on exactly what your projected royalty fees will be, or on how much of your profit is actually yours.
The HFC franchise business models feature flat royalty fees, so you always know exactly how much you will be spending. And as your business grows and your gross sales increase, you won’t be paying more to the franchisor for your success. You will keep the increased profits from all your hard work, so go ahead and be as successful as you want to be. Additionally, with the HFC franchise brands, new franchisees start with a tiered plan of graduated royalty fees, having a “grace period” of two years to grow their business before they reach the full royalty fee amount.
You can trust a proven business model
With over 20 years in the franchising world, HFC and its family of brands have refined the business models to ensure the greatest potential for success for every franchise owner.
- Franchising since 1994 with Budget Blinds, the flagship brand
- Low initial fees with discounts for qualified veterans
- Home-based business, low overhead
- Flat royalty and marketing fees
- In-depth training and ongoing support from a dedicated team of Business Coaches
- High-quality products, surpassing the competition in pricing and versatility through strong vendor alliance programs
- Nationally-known brands with good reputations for quality and service
- Robust National Advertising Funds and comprehensive local area marketing tools
- Extensive social media, including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram, as well as TV, radio and print
- Budget Blinds – custom window coverings, including blinds, shades, shutters and drapery styles for indoor/outdoor application, residential and commercial properties
- Tailored Living featuring PremierGarage – whole home custom storage solutions as well as industrial-strength Premier One® garage flooring options for home and business
- Concrete Craft – custom concrete staining, stamping and resurfacing for indoor and outdoor floors, hardscapes and vertical surfaces, including walkways, driveways, patios and walls
Royalty fees are just one piece of the franchising puzzle but, an important piece. Investigate carefully as you consider becoming an independent franchise business owner, and be sure to check out all three brands under the HFC umbrella. You may just find the perfect fit! Call 1-800-420-5374 today or go online to Home Franchise Concepts and begin to see the real possibilities of starting your own business within a franchise network that puts your success first!
If you are a veteran, HFC offers substantial discounts to assist you with becoming a franchise business owner. Click here to learn how HFC and its family of brands support veterans by helping them on the path to secure financial futures.